The M&A Series, Session Two:
The Sale Process
Breakfast with an expert panel who together provided a unique and broad insight into the sale process.
About the event
Breakfast with an expert panel who together provided a unique and broad insight into the sale process, specifically:
- How to take a business to market for sale or investment
- How acquirers/investors find target companies
- What motivates organisations to buy vs grow organically
- How to navigate the sale process – a look at due diligence, deal structure, legal considerations, SPA agreements…
- Real life experience shared from an expert panel of advisors and those who have been through the process.
- Tony Walford: Founding partner at Green Square, provided a market overview and insight from an M&A advisory perspective. www.gsquare.co.uk
- Tim Birt: A partner in the corporate department of Osborne Clarke, he acts at main board and shareholder level for a wide range of clients, with particular emphasis on marketing, media and tech businesses.
- Jon Priest: Jon is a leading figure in the market research industry with over 25 years’ experience. Jon founded SPA Research in 1994, selling to Next Wave Partners in 2010 where they then merged with Future Thinking. Jon is now Group CEO – SPA Future Thinking.
- John Marsh: Senior Manager, Transaction Services at WPP and previously Director of TS at PwC, having worked on over 30 transactions for WPP in the last two years, John has vast experience to share about the DD and transaction process.
- Chris Whitworth: Commercial Director with DAS (Omnicom Group Inc.) and responsible for UK acquisitions; 2012 saw the successful acquisition of Portland PR, Chameleon and Promise. Chris provided insight into the process from the acquirer’s perspective.
- Simon Samuel: Facilitating the panel and MD of Talentarc. Prior to Talentarc, Simon held an M&A role for a US listed technology and recruitment business. www.talentarc.com
The M&A Series is geared towards Directors and C-Level individuals within the sector who are interested in and/or responsible for business development and growth, sale and acquisition, finance and raising funds. 70 delegates joined us on the day; typically CEO’s, MD’s, business owners and CFO’s.
If you’d like to hear about future events, sign up here: