The M&A Series, Session One:
Pre-Sale or Investment Considerations
The first in a three part series on all matters M&A within the marketing services and media sector.
About the event
Breakfast with an expert panel who together provided a unique and broad insight into the key considerations in preparing for sale or investment which included:
- An overview of the market, recent transactions, where the market is going;
- An understanding of what attracts buyers or investors;
- How to prepare for sale or investment – key considerations;
- Creating and demonstrating value – understanding valuation drivers;
- Tony Walford: Leading the panel and founding partner at Green Square, provided a market overview and insight from a Mergers & Acquisitions advisory perspective. www.gsquare.co.uk
- Anthony Ackenhoff: CEO & Founder at FRUKT Communications, now part of IPG, provided insight into his recent experience of selling FRUKT to IPG. www.fruktcomms.com
- Simon Collard: Owner of NovemberFridays, Simon shared his experience of selling TMW to Creston Plc. www.novemberfridays.wordpress.com
- Trevor Hope: Chief Investment Officer at Beringea LLP, Trevor heads the UK investment team. Amongst others, he sits on the board of Fjordnet, Dianomi, SPC Intl, TH_NK, and Steak. He provided insight into what PE/VC investors look for. www.beringea.com
- Jennifer Hildreth: Previously in the M&A team at WPP and now CFO EMEA at POSSIBLE, Jen provided insight into what acquisitive groups look for in target companies. www.possiblecommunications.com
- Simon Samuel: Facilitating the panel and MD of Talentarc. Prior to Talentarc and after completing an MBA with the London Business School, Simon held an EMEA M&A role for a US listed recruitment business. talentarc.wpengine.com
The M&A Series is geared towards Directors and C-Level individuals within the sector who are interested in and/or responsible for business development and growth, sale and acquisition, finance and raising funds. 70 delegates joined us on the day; typically CEO’s, MD’s, business owners and CFO’s.