Leadership models: Corporate vs Startup Bridging the gap
A new reality that many corporate businesses now face in a market filled with disruptors and innovation is moving with the agility of a startup and being proactive or at least reactive to market situations. On the flipside, how can a startup scale up without losing that freedom of movement? We asked these questions at our recent ‘Startup vs Corporate’ event.
On our panel we had: Richard Johnston, CEO of the Endemol Shine UK, Peter Wallace, COO of Chargifi, Vinay Solanki, Head of Commercial Growth Fund at Channel 4, Travers Clarke-Walker, SVP – Sales & Marketing at Thought Machine, Mel Sullivan, COO at Framestore with our Director Tracy Flowerday asking the questions.
See our video highlights of the engaging debate and subsequent interviews below.
Some key discussion points included:
– “People want to work for start ups”. Is this true? What is appealing? What are the downsides?
– How can corporates/ more traditional businesses recreate the positives?
– What can startups and corporates learn from each other?
– How do you bridge the gap? What is the role of M&A / minority investments / accelerators / or other collaboration?
– How do you define strategic agenda at a start-up or corporate to deliver the most effective model and maximum returns?